Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Haulin' House

The footings are in
Next the foundation
Here comes the house
Making the turn to come into the driveway
Almost here
The welcome sign on the door
Getting it ready to move onto the foundation.

It truly was an oversized load. The end.


Back in May our son and daughter-in-law's house was destroyed by fire. The house was over 100 years old and the cause was determined to be old wiring. The good news is no one was home at the time. So all summer long the planning for a modular home has been underway and today was the day for "Haulin' House". Well actually half of the house. The other half comes tomorrow.

It is quite a process to see what goes into setting a modular home on a foundation. So four of us, Paul, our daughter-in-law, her aunt and myself stood watch in case the crew needed any extra sidewalk superintendents. I am posting some of the photos. Our son had to work so we wanted to show some of the steps of the operation to him. Took the last photo for my daughter-in-law as she likes unusual snapshots.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh it comes complete with blinds and curtains. That is so cool.

    When I saw the welcome Bixlers I first thought you and Paul had sold your house and was moving in to another one. ;-)

    Tell them Congratulations I am sure they are all excited!!

    ReplyDelete