Saturday, October 3, 2009

Early fall

We have spent days on end trying to keep up with the leaves that have fallen from our cottonwood tree (not pictured). Also had to rake up two wheel barrows of apples that had fallen from the trees. Paul has been cleaning the leaves out of the gutters. I trimmed back all of my flowers and shrubs and planted a new flower bed. I also painted 10 pieces of patio furniture and they look like new. Lots of hard, time consuming work. Luckily I can retreat to my front porch and enjoy the view. For me the view is always changing and after 15 years of sitting on my front porch I am still amazed by the beauty of nature. In this photo you can see the golden soy beans growing, almost time to harvest. Might be that lots of folks pass by these soybean fields everyday and never notice the changing colors or have the time to stop and just view the beauty in a warm fall day. My front porch is one place where I can truly find peace. I will miss this view as we prepare to travel south for the winter.





























































No comments:

Post a Comment